lily bee | persnickety cha projects

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Before I get started on the Lily Bee goodness, I wanted to direct your attention over to May Flaum's blog this morning. She's been running a free Camp Scrap event (if you took her Camp Scrap class at Big Picture classes two years ago, you know how awesome it was!) on her blog for the last six weeks, and today I'm popping in over there with a guest post + new layout. I actually "met" May during that first Camp Scrap class, so I'm super excited to be included this time around. Be sure to check out all her other inspiring Camp Scrap posts while you're there!


Okay, on with Lily Bee...

Persnickety was truly my favorite of all of Lily Bee's new releases at CHA Summer. There's something about the bold navy mixed with light aqua, soft gray, punchy orange, and fresh green (and, yes, I even liked the pink, here) that really appealed to me. And the gorgeous doily print and abundance of chevrons did hurt, either. Plus, the pretty hexagon paper is called "Fussy," which is totally perfect for me because a) it's my favorite print in the collection, and b) my nickname as an infant was "Baby Fussy." Apparently I cried a lot. Or something...

Lily Bee asked me to make one layout, a card, and a tag with each of the new collections, and these papers proved so easy to work with that this page came together lightning quick.

DSC_9407.jpg

I used photos from a recent trip to the Botanical Gardens (serious water garden love, here), and found that between the cardstock stickers, beautiful journaling cards, and a few cuts from that "Fussy" hexagon paper, the only other additions this page really needed were a few buttons.

DSC_7325.jpg

DSC_7326.jpg

DSC_7328.jpg

For my card, I turned again to the square format, which seems to be working well for me. I've become a fan of the "cluster" card and love layering up chunks of paper, journaling cards, and stickers all in one big pile (with just a bit of embellishment on the edge) rather than trying to work with them in lines or sections.

DSC_7350.jpg

DSC_7351.jpg

DSC_7352.jpg

I went for the same effect on the tag, starting with a standard shipping tag base and layering on a bit of paper, a journaling card (yes, it hangs off the edge and I love the asymmetry), and several of the sticker elements.

DSC_7357.jpg

Persnickety was just one of two Lily Bee collections I was asked to work with this show- I'll be back tomorrow to share my Christmas Cheer projects, too!

P.S. You can see photos of the Lily Bee CHA booth construction here on their blog...and if you look really closely at the first photo, you can see my Persnickety layout hanging on one of the displays!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan