lily bee layout | color challenge

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

DSC_8335.jpg

There's a new challenge up at the Lily Bee blog this morning! Fellow design team member Anna-Maria came up with a dreamy color palette of pale blue, pale pink, mint, cyan, and cream, and this is the layout that I pulled together from those hues.

DSC_9436.jpg

I chose to go with a beach theme on this page (the colors just screamed it to me!), so I pulled out one of my Aruba vacation photos and got to work. I love how the soft colors contrast the vibrant sunset on our last evening on Arashi beach before returning home. I know the photo on the layout looks dark on screen, but that's just an artifact of taking a photo-of-a-photo-on-a-scrapbook-page. In real life it has much better contrast and detail!

DSC_8336.jpg

One of my favorite things about Lily Bee papers is how classic and timeless the patterns are, making it easy to mix several different collections together with ease. This page uses three different generations of Lily Bee paper- some from the just-released Persnickety collection, a little something from all four of the lines released at Winter CHA 2012 (Handmade, Double Dutch, Buttercup, and Victoria Park), and even two older lines, Head over Heels and Memorandum.

DSC_8337.jpg

You can check out the other lovely projects by the design team and also enter the challenge yourself over at the Lily Bee blog.

This is totally unrelated, but I'm loving scrapping with the Olympics on in the background. Does anyone else think we need a permanent Olympics channel? There has to be thousands of hours of archived coverage out there- I'd love to have some of it available of older games to play 24/7. It would solve my "what to watch while scrapping" issues permanently!!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan