lily bee | christmas cheer cha projects

Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Christmas Cheer collection from Lily Bee is just classic- the reds are real Christmas reds, the greens are bright and cheery but not overdone, and the addition of light blue keeps things fresh but doesn't take the color scheme into non-traditional territory. And, just like Persnickety, chevrons in lots of coordinating colors abound here as B-side prints!

It was like Christmas in July around my house for about a week as I prepared photos for and then scrapped with both Christmas Cheer and Pink Paislee's City Sidewalks (not to mention getting some layout inspiration together for Kelly to work with Lawn Fawn's Fa-la-la before the show), though I did manage to refrain from busting out the Christmas carols (with the exception of one quick listen to Relient K's rendition of The 12 Days of Christmas).

Oh, who'm I kidding- I crack up every time I hear that song!! Viva la punk rock Christmas. 



Okay, backing away from the Christmas music now- ha ha!

I broke into a set of photos of all the Christmas goodies gracing the shelves of Anthropologie last Christmas season to use on the layout below. I simple adore Anthro any time of year, but Christmas there is really something special.

DSC_9409.jpg

In a fit of boredom with cardstock backgrounds, I challenged myself to use only patterned papers to back my CHA layouts, and this blue one was definitely a lot bolder and more colorful than what I'd normally use. I do love how this page came out, though! And I think that I'll be using patterned backgrounds a lot more from now on- I'm finding that I really dig them!

DSC_7341.jpg

DSC_7342.jpg

DSC_7343.jpg

This card is a lot busier than my usual style, but I'm finding that I like that, too. Mostly I think that lately I'm just loving trying new things!

DSC_7355.jpg

DSC_7346.jpg

DSC_7347.jpg

And then there's this fun little tag. I used one of the journaling cards from the collection as the star of the show, then dressed it up with some punched paper bits and a couple of buttons. Easy and cute!

DSC_7356.jpg

I gotta admit, after the Winter CHA show I was feeling a little burnt out, but after scrapping with some of this new crop of scrapbooking collection for the Summer show, I'm completely and totally revved up for the season ahead- here's to lots more scrappy goodness to come with all of the new lovelies!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan