project life 2012 | week 20 with dcwv's a type of art stack

Monday, July 2, 2012

Still plugging along with Project Life, and for this week (Week 20, that is) I pulled out the papers from DCWV's A Type of Art Stack (one of the new stacks that should be showing up in JoAnn stores now) to play with.

Project Life 2012 Week 20.jpg

I thought that a text print stack was appropriate given that part of the week centered around my cousin's graduation from high school, and the pink and peach prints were also great backdrops for photos of the birthday and Mother's Day celebrations that took place that same weekend.

I also mixed in some of Heidi Swapp's Colorbox alphas and a few Studio Calico stamps to mix things up, but like last week's spread this one is fairly simple and concentrates mostly on photos, writing, and paper. And, since I finished it at a crop, it doesn't even have stitching!

DSC_9394.jpg


DSC_9397.jpg

There was so much going on during the weekend that I added an insert to hold more photos. This side tells a bit more about Mom's Mother's Day lunch, while the reverse has more pictures from Jake's commencement. I'm going to be perfectly honest- sometimes I add inserts and more photos just because I need to add a few more to an order to get to 100 or 150 or however many prints in order to use a Snapfish coupon- ha! :)

DSC_9395.jpg

DSC_9396.jpg

A closer shot of some of the pockets. The washi below (as well as the alphas, actually), are from the May Studio Calico kit, 35mm. It, a few stamp sets, and the three Stack collections that DCWV sent to me are the only scrapbooking supplies I took with me to the crop!

DSC_9394-2.jpg

The journaling card on the left is dressed up with a small strip of paper from A Type of Art along with the Plano stamp by Studio Calico. I actually lined up two journaling cards side-by-side and stamped both of them at the same time, splitting the stamp's image roughly down the middle on each.

DSC_9394-3.jpg

The right-hand journaling card below shows the other side of that stamped image.

DSC_9397-2.jpg

DSC_9397-3.jpg

Next week's Project Life will feature the Gilded Orchard stack, so be sure to check back for that!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan