my cha summer 2012 shopping list

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I must admit, this is one of my favorite posts to write every six months- all my favorites from the upcoming CHA releases that have been peeked so far. This list is looooong and photo-heavy, so prepare yourself!

Also, I went back and forth over whether I should include items from the companies that I do design work for. I definitely have my favorites from each and have been talking about them nearly nonstop on the blog for the past two weeks, so they've certainly had lots of coverage here. And I really do mean for this list to reflect what I'll actually be shopping for as it appears in stores, so it seems a bit disingenuous for me to include things that are going to show up in design team packages rather than items I'll be purchasing. Besides, I try to make it a point to only design for companies who have products that I truly love, so it should be a given that if those items weren't already being provided to me, I'd buy them anyway, right? So, with no slight to Bella Blvd, Pink Paislee, Lawn Fawn, Lily Bee, and Pretty Little Studio, here's my list of the other scrappy items I'll be acquiring this season.

 

I'm going to start with Basic Grey's Soleil collection, because it reflects a trend in my scrapbooking purchases this season- Sassafras. Yes, even though Sassafras no longer produces their own products, they've teamed up with more than one company this season to collaborate on new collections. Soleil just happens to be their collaboration with Basic Grey, and it's pure Sass through and through.

 
Now, I'll be buying a lot of the items I'm listing here in 6x6 pads with just a few full sheets and embellishments (to save both money and storage space), and luckily my scrapping style works well with 6x6 sheets of paper. But this line? I'm going to need it all. And maybe two of each sheet. Oh, Sassafras, how I've missed you!

 

 
I probably already have enough Christmas paper on hand to scrap holiday photos until I'm 92 and a half, but I'm still going to be picking up some of Basic Grey's Aspen Frost line. BG has always done Christmas so well, and this line is no exception- plus it looks to coordinated with some of their older lines that I still have in my stash!

 

 

 


When I first read that Crate Paper was "modernizing" their designs, then saw the sneak previews, I admit that I wasn't wowed. And then I came back and looked at the papers again, putting aside my expectations for Crate's usual vintage loveliness. And you know what I found? They do trendy, retro, funky loveliness just as well as vintage. :)

 

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that Sassafras also collaborated with Crate Paper for the Acorn Avenue line. The motifs and colors certainly look like them, so I'll be hunting around to see if I can find out for certain that they worked on this one. But I'll be buying it in any case!

 

 

 

 

 

It was the chipboard that first caught my eye in On Trend- I just love all those colors and shapes on one sheet! The colors are a bit more broken out in the papers to make them more manageable, making this a great collection for scrapping so many different subjects.

 

 

 

 

 
Oh, Sleigh Ride, you stole my heart right away with that North Pole map print. Crate Paper's Peppermint collection was certainly my favorite Christmas line from CHA Summer 2011, and it looks like Crate's won that spot again with this line.

 

 

 

 
Amy Tan's latest line for American Crafts- Go, See, Do- includes woodgrain chevron patterned albums. Did you hear me?!? Woodgrain chevron albums!!! I adored the camera album from her last collection and ordered several for Project Life, and I think that these are going to become my new travel albums.

 

I'm seeing a new trend emerge in the form of date roller stamps, and I'm loving it! I've used a date stamp on almost every single layout I've made for the last few years, so I know that I'll get a lot of use out of these. Plus, at only $4-$5 each, they're a bargain when you think of just how many times you can use them.

 

Here's the roller stamp from Dear Lizzy's 5th and Frolic...

 

...and Studio Calico has one
, as well. And, yes, I'll be picking up all three!

 

Speaking of Studio Calico, they're also releasing some new stamps with Hero Arts that I'm really digging, such as their Christmas set, an everyday set, and even some new alphabets. I find the small alphabets especially useful for Project Life.

 

 

 

Studio Calico is also expanding their line of Mister Huet masks to include several new designs. The stars and the big sunburst are my two favorites this season, and those wood veneer doilies and snowflakes definitely caught my eye, too!

 

 

 

Studio Calico is also releasing an alternate top for their Mister Huey's mists designed especially for unrepentant mist splatterers like myself. I actually do pretty well with the whole "flick the end of the tube at the paper" technique and am not sure I really need them, but I'm curious enough to give them a try.

 

 

Cosmo Cricket's new Christmas line, Jolly Days, just looks fun!!! I love the trendy, funky patterns and the retro-but-still-bright color scheme.

 

 

 

 

I want to know where Glitz has been hiding designs like their new crop of collection, because they're absolutely fantastic! Cashmere Dame is a mix of juicy summer colors and trendy patterns like chevrons and hexagons, mixed with just the right amount of florals. And just check out the patterns on that washi!!

 

 

 

 

 
For some reason Hello Friend reminds me of my great grandmother, especially the floral airmail print that reminds me of the reproduction antique floral print planners she used to have in her apartment. It's a bit more pink that I usually go for, but I'll be picking up some of this line nonetheless.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Now that the Pink Paislee and Heidi Swapp design teams have officially split, I'll be back to buying Heidi's products on my own (I didn't apply for her media team). I'm in love with her Vintage Chic collection (and all the new Memory Files that go with it)- with the vintage map prints and beautiful colors, what's not to love here?
 

 

 

My Mind's Eye always seems to grab a huge chunk of my CHA shopping budget- probably because they come out with massive product lines! Between the papers (probably mostly 6x6 pads), brads, stamps, and washi tapes in the four different colorways in the huge The Sweetest Thing collection, I foresee history repeating itself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm going a bit light on the stamp buying front this season- my Studio Calico subscription seems to keep me fairly up to date with new stamps- but as soon as I saw these Christmas stamps in Tim Holtz's collection, I knew they had to come live with me! I mean, come on- Christmas icons as engineering diagrams? I have to have them! These stamps are already available at Simon Says Stamp, too, and when I started browsing I discovered the mini set including all the holidays, and that's the one I ended up ordering. I think that the smaller size will be a better fit for my scrapping style as well as Project Life.

 

 

Jillibean added a few choice stamps to their lineup with Unity Stamps this season, including chevron and hexagon backgrounds and some fabulous doilies.

 

 

 

And, finally, there's Echo Park, who's only at the end because I just found images of their new releases an hour or so ago.

Everyday Eclectic isn't technically a CHA release and should be available any day now, but I'll definitely be picking it up.

 

 

 

 

I was a fan of EP's first For the Record collection, so I was thrilled to find that there were two more additions to the family in two fantastic color schemes.

 

 

 

 

This and That was one of my favorite releases by Echo Park at the last show, so I was excited to hear that they were releasing a Christmas version and couldn't wait to see images of the new collection. I am definitely not disappointed!

 

 

Whew! That's a long list! I'm trying to remind myself- 6x6 pads and a few embellishments go a loooong way when you scrap the way I do!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan