friday favorites | july 27, 2012

Friday, July 27, 2012

I'm so, so very happy that it's Friday, and an Olympic opening ceremonies Friday at that! I'm something of an Olympics nut- it's the only two weeks biennially that I spend as a sports-watching couch potato. We didn't actually have a TV signal in the house before the games (we don't have cable or satellite), but I scrambled this week to set up an HD antenna, IP-based tuner (that seems to be pretty rockin' now that I have the kinks worked out), and a whopping 3TB hard drive and DVR software to record all the athletic goodness in full-blown 1080p. My iMac isn't going to know what hit it!

I love technology...when it works. :)

If you're into more crafty stuff than sporty this weekend (though scrapping while watching the Olympics is an excellent combination), I've got some fun picks for you this week!

 

From the top left:

  • I fell in instant love with these pretty birthday party rosette ribbons by Laura Vegas. Such a cute, fun idea, and also a great way to use up any scraps you might have after a project!
  • Kinsey Wilson shares a tutorial for making this Instagram mini album at Studio Calico.
  • Also at Studio Calico, catch a glimpse of Shimelle Laine's scrappy space in her London flat. You might also want to check out Shimelle's fab photos from the opening ceremonies of the games here in her Flickr feed.
  • Natt Smith came up with the loveliest idea to inspire herself. She arranged several items that she wanted to craft with on a pretty doily and calls it her "inspiration lace." Isn't her photography awesome? You can check out the first project she created based on this collection, a glamorous card, here.
  • This Strawberry Shortcake dessert buffet on Amy Atlas' blog took me straight back to my childhood. Love!
  • I've recently become smitten with Janna Werner's lovely scrapping style. This calm, delicate layout is just one of my recent favorites of hers!
  • Carrie Elias shares a beautiful pre-made summer mini album, just waiting to be filled with photos and memories, at her blog, Blume and Grow.
  • Cocoa Daisy shares a great idea for organizing misting masks.
  • Check out this awesome beach-themed travel mini at Scrapbook Circle.
TTFN!

P.S. Have you heard that Pink Paislee is having a warehouse sale? You can catch all the details here.

 
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan