at the zoo

Thursday, September 20, 2012

DSC_0944.jpg

Once a month each of the Pretty Little Studio design team members posts a technique or tutorial with step-by-step photos. Some of the girls do amazing things with paper, mist, paint, and any number of crafty mediums. I, on the other hand, have not been blessed by the technique fairy, so these posts are a bit challenging for me.

DSC_9523.jpg

Luckily I found a way to make it work- what I lack in technique I like to think that I make up in process tips and practical advice, so for my very first tutorial post on the PLS blog I mixed paper from three very themed, very seasonal collections- Love Notes (Valentine), Winter Wonderland (Winter) and Scaredy Cat (Halloween)- on a single layout and took step-by-step photos of the selection process and the reasoning behind my decisions.

And what was that page about? A trip to the zoo, of all things!

DSC_0947.jpg

DSC_0945.jpg

And, yes, misting over a mask is about as technique-y as I get. Though I have been tempted to break out the modeling paste lately...sounds dangerous!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan