friday favorites | september 7, 2012

Friday, September 7, 2012

Three years. It's been almost three whole years since I started posting Friday Favorites every week (the first one was September 11, 2009), and I'm finding that a bit mind boggling. Sometimes I feel like I'm still new to this whole blogging thing, but, no, I've had this little corner of the web going for a little over four years now- it's amazing how time really flies! I'm so grateful for everyone who reads here- I truly have the best blog readers ever!

I've been thinking and considering changes around here- nothing huge, but maybe just tweaking the format here and there. Friday Favorites and Geek Girl will definitely stick around, as well the weekly Project Life posts for as long as I'm working on that album (and I don't see stopping anytime soon!), and Saturdays are when I normally post personal photos from vacations and everyday adventures. I'm curious, though, about the scrappy content- do I really need to post a new layout every day, or is one post a week with several projects better/worse/about the same? Do you guys have any input on that? I dunno- for some reason I just feel the need to shake things up a little!

One thing I'm also doing to shake things up is working on doing less single-manufacturer work and getting back to mixing it all up, be it with kits (both purchased and homemade), newly purchased items, or really old stash (because goodness knows I have it!). Due to some current commitments that change will take a bit of time to fully implement, but it is definitely coming! I've found that I'm happiest when I have a mix of everything going on on my crafty table, so I'm working on getting back to that- it'll just take some time. :)

Okay, enough blog blabbering for today- we've got some crafty picks to get to!!!


From the top left:

  • Kristina White of Two Peas in a Bucket followed along with Lisa Truesdell's Divide and Conquer workshop to create a stunning Disney Mini album. The posts are extremely in depth and can be found here, here, and here.
  • Karen Grunberg wrote a fantastic post on layering for My Mind's Eye.
  • Nicole Samuels shares a fun, colorful stamping/embossing trick at Studio Calico.
  • Learn how to turn sparkly costume jewelry into pretty push pins at Such Pretty Things. She's also got a great post on doing a similar thing to make locker magnets.
  • I love this post by Natt Smith showing an alternate use for square epoxy embellishments- cut them into triangles!
  • How About Orange posted a DIY tutorial showing how to make this colorful rainbow wall art.
  • Elise Blaha Cripe shares her thoughts and ideas on rubber stamping- seriously great stuff here, especially if you're a minimalist stamper or wondering how to get started.
  • Learn how to make these Post-It-Note pinatas at More Design Please.
  • Amy Tan shares a genius idea for traveling with washi tape.
TTFN!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan