the first step is admitting you have a problem

Saturday, September 22, 2012

DSC_2142.jpg

It's Lawn Fawn Inspiration Week time again, and things are kicking off today over on the Lawn Fawn blog with a look at the new Sweet Christmas stamp set. You'll also find layouts featuring the new paper collections interspersed amongst all the stamp-y goodness, and I'm up in today's post with a page using the Dewey Decimal line.

DSC_9527.jpg

You guys know that I have a serious thing for library-style roller date stamps (and if you weren't aware, you can read all about it here, here, and here), and I just had to take the opportunity to scrap a page about it. I mean, there's a date stamp paper in this collection and everything- it was just too perfect to pass up!

DSC_2143.jpg

DSC_2144.jpg

I went nuts and had lots of fun with the layering in this one, including a subtly stamped layer that may have turned out to be a bit too subtle since it's not really visible in the photos.

DSC_2138.jpg

I wanted to stamp a rectangular section of the background paper with this library date stamp stamp, so I trimmed out the center section of a scrap piece of 12x12 paper to the size that I wanted then placed it on top of my actual background paper before filling in the area with stamped images. I used a very light gray ink that's really only visible when you view it from an angle, so it shows up more in person (though only around the edges of the layers, as intended) than it does in photographs. This sort of masking technique is something I'll definitely try again!

DSC_2139.jpg

Oh, and in other date stamp news? I finally got my hands on the American Crafts Christmas date stamp at a Hobby Lobby across town from my normal one. I absolutely can't wait to use it in my Journal Your Christmas album this year!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan