life is good {when you have a cupcake}

Saturday, September 22, 2012

DSC_0818.jpg

My last layout as a member of the Bella Blvd. design team went up on the Bella Studio blog today, and I have to admit that I feel like I almost cheated with this one! You see, after I finished scrapping one layout about Miss Sophie's second birthday party using the new Birthday Girl collection, I happened to spy that adorable chipboard cupcake that was still unused on the embellishment sheet and remembered these photos that I'd shot of Sophie's pre-dinner dessert that day. So, instead of pulling out a different collection to work with, I just left the same supplies out on my desk and got to work on this page! Instead of "lazy," I'm going to call it "efficient." :)

DSC_9499-2.jpg

Today is also sketch day on the Bella blog (that's also the reason that I'm posting a layout on a Saturday), and several design team members have created layouts based on this awesome sketch by Becky Fleck of PageMaps.


I took a few liberties with the sketch, but there was a method to my madness. If you can imagine placing one hand on the top and one hand on the bottom of the sketch and then pressing everything toward the center, then you've got the idea for what I did with the design. The title, subtitle, and larger photo are in pretty much the same space specified in the sketch (though I did use a smaller photo than indicated), and I eliminated one of the smaller photos on the right and moved that whole section down a bit. The journaling is still between the two photos blocks, but I did add a few more paper layers and strips at the top and bottom of the page. I couldn't help adding that big piece of cupcake paper at the top- I really wanted that pattern on the page!

DSC_0817.jpg

These tiny pearls aren't from Bella- they're really old ones by Kaisercraft from way back when they first came out with them in every color- remember how cool that was? I remember it being cool, anyway, and I bought a ton of them. For some reason, though, they've never really been used, so you'll see them turning up on lots of projects for the next little while until they're gone. I'm on a mission to use stuff up, both in my scrap room and in my house!

DSC_0820.jpg

And with that, it's time to hand my Bella Blvd. position over to one of the new incoming members- I cannot wait to see what these girls create in the coming year!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan