pecan pie

Thursday, September 27, 2012

DSC_2176.jpg

The Lily Bee design team has been celebrating fall all week with the new Autumn Spice collection, and today I'm sharing a layout that was up on their blog a few days ago.

DSC_9528.jpg

Fall is hard for me (I'm not a fan of cooler weather, crisp air, or any of the things that fall lovers rave about during the season), so I tend to focus on a few things that I really do love about this time of year to help ease myself into the loss of my beloved summer months. Colorful leaves and pumpkin scented fragrances from Bath and Body Works are two of my favorite things about the season, along with cooking Thanksgiving dinner. Or, more to the point, Thanksgiving dessert in the form of pecan pie (I use Pioneer Woman's recipe).

DSC_2177.jpg

Since we were home for Thanksgiving last year, cooking dinner was a laid-back event, and we made sure to take plenty of photos of the food prep process. When it came time to scrap them and decide on ways to embellish the page, I decided to pull up a pie chart cutting file that I downloaded for my Silhouette a few months ago and put it to use.

DSC_2178.jpg

I also used a few of Lily Bee's Mixed Cardstock Stickers (the pennant variety) as tiny "pie slices" sticking out from the side of one of my photos.

I know I can't be the only person out there who gets a teensy bit depressed when fall rolls around- any other perpetual summer lovers out there who can commiserate with me?


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan