project life 2011 | october 16-22 with the dcwv autumn melody stack

Monday, September 10, 2012

DSC_8498.jpg

It's the start of a new week, and also time to go back and finish up another of my incomplete weeks from my 2011 Project Life album. This time I'm going with a fall theme using the new Autumn Melody collection from Die Cuts with a View, available in JoAnn stores in both patterned and cardstock stacks. Rather than pull papers from the full 12x12 stacks, though, I'm once again turning to the smaller mat stacks to make use of the smaller papers and scaled down patterns.

Like last week's post with the Bewitched stack, I'm again using the Adhesive Cardstock Mat Stack that coordinates with the collection to add a bit of embellishment, but instead of using my Cameo to make digital cuts I instead pulled out my Sizzix Big Kick and a manual die to do the job. These self-adhesive sheets work perfectly well with both manual and electronic cutters and are an easy and fast way to use your dies or cutting files to make your own stickers!

DSC_0841.jpg

After cutting, I added a bit of glitter to the small leaf sprays (I cut little sprigs off of the larger cuts and spread them around the page) by using a Quickie Glue pen and some loose Martha Stewart glitter to add just a little sparkle. I realize that it may not show up well in the small photos below, but you can click on any of the images to bring up a larger, more detailed view.

project life 2011 october 16-22.jpg

DSC_9509.jpg

DSC_9512.jpg

This was the week that Darren and I traveled to DC to visit family, and I couldn't help printing out a few more favorite photos from that trip to include in a Design G insert page.

DSC_9510.jpg

DSC_9511.jpg

I very much enjoyed getting caught up with a couple more 2011 weeks with the Autumn Melody and Bewitched stacks- thanks so much to DCWV for sending them along!

Curious as to what this whole Project Life thing is about? Check out Becky Higgins' blog for more details and to see a super cute video that explains it all. You can shop for Project Life products here on Amazon


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan