we were the only ones

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

DSC_0941.jpg

Yesterday was sketch day over at Pretty Little Studio. I'm really, really excited to be working with PLS's sketch designer, Keri Babbitt, again- she and I were on the Sweet Peach Crop Shop design team together last year, and her sketches are just awesome.

 

I had no trouble getting right down to making a layout with this sketch! As soon as I saw the large circle element behind the photos, I knew I wanted to stitch some big, messy circles back there and bling them up a bit. Okay, so wood veneer isn't bling, but you get my drift...

DSC_9524.jpg

I'm currently thankful that I printed approximately eight and a half billion photos from our Aruba trip, because I'm still not tired of scrapping them over a year and a half later. Though it's high time to go on another epic adventure, methinks!

DSC_0943.jpg

DSC_0942.jpg

And, yes, my photo block is crooked! Yikes. I didn't even realize it until I photographed the layout, and by then the adhesive was waaaay too stuck to undo it without completely shredding the layers underneath. I think it happened because I stuck it all together while sitting down- everything looked straight then, but I think if I'd been standing I would have caught it.

So I'm not going to call it crooked, I'll just call it artsy. :) And next time I'll stand up while sticking my photos down.


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan