crafty steals guest

Friday, September 28, 2012

Happy Friday, everyone! I'll be back later tonight with Friday Favorites, but right now I have a pair of layouts to share with you! Crafty Steals (if you've not heard of them, they run daily closeout deals on scrapbooking products) asked me to be their guest designer this month and sent me a selection of items from My Mind's Eye's Lime Twist collection to work with. This collection also happens to be their Steal of the Day today, and you can hop on over to their site for a great deal on a variety pack of patterned paper, die cuts, stickers, transparencies, and other accessories from this fun, colorful collection.

My Mind's Eye's mega collections like Lime Twist always include a great diversity of color palettes, and I was able to take items from the same line and make two very different layouts with them.

My first layout is a girly birthday page using photos from my niece's second birthday party. I love MME's die cut papers, and even though my usual scrapping style doesn't accommodate full-size sheets I was still able to use part of this paper on my page by adding a wide strip of it across the top.

DSC_9530.jpg

I finished off the page with my usual pile of paper layers under the photos and then added several of the sticker elements in to break up the straight lines, using dimensional adhesive under them to add a bit of depth.

DSC_2171.jpg

DSC_2172.jpg

DSC_2170.jpg

My second layout (documenting this year's Father's Day lunch) went straight to the boyish side of Lime Twist's spectrum, using lots of blues, greens, and oranges. There are lots of layers here, too, including the big orange die cut frame and a small piece from one of the larger die cut papers that was in the kit. That orange frame is a reminder that you don't always have to use an element for its intended purpose- I definitely didn't frame anything with mine, but it worked quite well as a layer under the photos.

DSC_9529.jpg

DSC_2174.jpg

DSC_2173.jpg

DSC_2175.jpg

It's been a while since I've worked with just My Mind's Eye products on a layout, and I'd forgotten how easy their collections make it to quickly put together pages that coordinate without being completely matchy-matchy. Crafty Steals has My Mind's Eye deals fairly regularly (along with products from a variety of other manufacturers), so you might want to sign up for their email list and keep an eye out for them in the future- I know I am!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan