friday favorites | september 21, 2012

Friday, September 21, 2012

Happy Friday, everyone! I'm so excited for the weekend because I get to...get this...stay home! Yes, I realize that may sound a little boring, but to me it's heavenly. I was out of town last weekend and have major events to attend the next two weekends after this, so I'm going to make the most of my precious time at home for the next two days! Okay, so I do have to go out and run errands and pick out new tile for the kitchen at some point, but at least that's all within a few miles of the house!

What about you guys? Going out? Staying home? Getting crafty?

If that last one applies to you (and even if it doesn't), I have some great crafty picks for you this week!

 

From the top left:

  • Mou Saha posted an excellent step-by-step look at how she clusters and layers elements on her layouts at October Afternoon.
  • I think I'm not quite ready to let go of summer yet, because this post of 60's tiki party ideas at 100 Layer Cake has me itching to throw a fabulous bash by the pool! Of course, I'd need to dig the pool first...
  • Also at 100 Layer Cake, learn to make these sweet crepe paper carnations. They string them together to form leis, but they're pretty on their own, too!
  • Pebbles posted a quick tutorial showing how to make these fun flower embellishments from punched paper circles.
  • One of my posts from Use Your Scraps week covered using die cuts as misting masks, but Papercrafters' Corner took it a step further and used the dies themselves!
  • Papercrafts Connection shows how to stamp using ordinary watercolor paints.
  • I adore Stephanie Howell's post on "memory keeper's guilt," such a great read!
  • Diana Fisher has started a Project Life album to document her son's year in first grade, and I love the smaller format she's chosen for her album! She's also posted a second installment on her series here.
  • This Fresh Prince themed part on Hostess with the Mostess took me straight back to the 90's, so of course I had to share it!
TTFN!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan