paper trees

Monday, September 24, 2012

DSC_2165.jpg

This week's usual Monday Project Life post has been postponed until tomorrow, because today Lawn Fawn is unveiling a whole slew of projects featuring the new Fa-La-La Christmas paper collection over on the blog, including one of my layouts!

DSC_9531.jpg

The colors in this line include lots of traditional reds and greens, but there are also hints of aqua and blue- not to mention those fun chevron trees in the stamp set! Those trees gave me the idea for this page, actually, since I've had this photo of a set of pretty paper trees at Anthropologie printed and ready to scrap since sometime around last Christmas.

DSC_2167.jpg

It wasn't the trees that I was really interested in documenting so much- rather, it was Darren's reaction to them. He loves Anthropologie as much as I do (especially the really comfy couch), but when he saw these trees he looked at me and asked if the point of Anthro was to spend lots of money to look as poor as possible. I had to giggle and agree with him on that one (though I do love those little trees- they were just a crazy price!).

DSC_2166.jpg

I know I've seen DIY instructions for similar trees somewhere on the web- I might just have to hunt them down and make my own this Christmas. :)


Supplies (click on images for product links):




CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan