a calm christmas morning at home

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

DSC_2233.jpg

So last Christmas was kind of nutty around here. We attended one funeral a few days before Christmas and another the day after, and in between that we had all the normal running hither and thither to visit family going on. Please note, I love the hither and thither and visiting family, but last Christmas with everything else going on, plus the fact that I'd just started a new job and had something like, oh, zero extra days I could take off besides the Christmas holiday we were already given, the holiday stress just sort of reached epic proportions. 

Between rounds of running about, though, was a very calm, quiet Christmas morning spent at home. I remember waking up early to...get this...check that the white balance settings on my camera were correct before opening gifts. It was literally the only thing I had to check on that morning, and I printed up a couple of those test shots (the house looks so quiet and peaceful and still!) to scrapbook on today's layout.

DSC_9542.jpg

This page is up on the Lily Bee blog today as part of the week-long focus on their Index Journaling Cards, and today's Designer's Choice challenge is to use four or more of the cards on a single layout. I used four journaling cards as part of my border across the top of the page, then added a couple of patterned paper strips over them to pull them all together.

DSC_2234.jpg

I looped some twine over the paper strips, then finished off the embellishment by using up all of a positively ancient pack of red rhinestone flower brads from Creative Imaginations. They've probably been in my stash for 4-5 years!

DSC_2236.jpg

And as far as the Christmas craziness goes? I've been working a lot this whole month on getting presents bought and plans made with the goal of having all gifts purchased by the end of October. The first two weeks of November will be spent wrapping gifts and addressing Christmas cards (soooo going with store-bought this year!), and then I'm going to sit back, relax, and enjoy Thanksgiving and all of December. I want to make ornaments and bake cookies and just have fun with it!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan