punk rock christmas

Friday, October 19, 2012

DSC_2378-2.jpg

I still crack up every time I hear this song in my iPod's Christmas music lineup (and that lineup is pretty small, so it comes up often!). I don't have a deep and abiding love of most Christmas music, so just a few favorite albums live there- Michael W. Smith's Christmastime, selections by the Trans Siberian Orchestra, and, of course, Relient K's Let It Snow, Baby, Let it Reindeer.

DSC_9557.jpg

That last album came to mind immediately when I first saw Kelly's design for the And a Partridge stamp set for Lawn Fawn- I'm just crazy like that. :) Today I have another Fa-La-La layout up on the Lawn Fawn blog, and since the card girls are featuring the aforementioned avian stamp I decided to be a bit weird myself, and scrapbook about my love of this particular version of this particular song.

DSC_2381-2.jpg

When I finished this page, I thought it looked a bit "Shimelle," but couldn't immediately figure out why. Then it hit me- the Thickers! That gray lullaby font is a favorite of both Shimelle's and mine, and she's used it on lots of her pages. I was quite excited to see this exact color and font return with Crate Paper's Little Bo Peep collection earlier this year (I'm down to my last couple of packs that I picked up on closeout at Big Lots a year or two ago)- hopefully they'll keep this font around in more colors in the future!

DSC_2379-2.jpg

Don't forget that Lawn Fawn has a Big Giveaway Post going all week in addition to the individual inspiration posts- there are lots of chances to win the new Lawn Fawn goodies to be had!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan