fabric shopping

Thursday, October 25, 2012

DSC_2218.jpg

Not too long ago when I was driving through Nashville on my way home from a work trip, I had the chance to stop and have lunch with my parents and then go fabric shopping with my Mom afterward. It was actually the same trip that sparked this post about some of the fantastic new goodies that are out and JoAnn, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby right now. Mom was looking for some fabric to make new throw pillows for the living room, and since I only had my iPhone on hand and not the big camera I turned to Instagram to help me document the excursion.

DSC_9539.jpg

That big, bright, over-the-top colorful pink peacock fabric did not make the purchasing cut that day, but I loved it so much that I printed up a photo of it to use on my page. It became the focal point for pulling together the color scheme for this layout, starting with some orange, yellow, and aqua papers from various Pretty Little Studio collections and ending with those bright puffy pink Thickers (a cheap TJ Maxx score several months ago) and resin flowers by Prima.

DSC_2221.jpg

DSC_2219.jpg

I also did a little reverse applique on this layout. The technique is nothing new or groundbreaking, but I did document it step-by-step on the Pretty Little Studio blog if you're interested in seeing how it's done.


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan