autumn gold

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

DSC_2237.jpg

Pink Paislee is crushing on fall colors this week, and the layout I put together for their blog yesterday features hues from this month's Color Crush combination.

 

Rebecca asked the team to take those lovely colors and apply them to the new Artisan Elements papers and embellishments using the new Color Shine mists from the Heidi Swapp collection. It was only after I finished this page that I learned that Color Shine + the acrylic elements from the Artisan collection might not be compatible (the acrylic elements don't soak in color, meaning the mist can take a long time to dry on top of the piece), but oddly enough I had no issues with the acrylic elements and actually found coloring the papers and the wood alphas to be slightly more challenging! After completing this project, I ran across an excellent post on Heidi Swapp's blog that recommends sponging the mist on paper and chipboard rather than spraying it for more even coverage...sounds easier and less messy to me!

DSC_9541.jpg

I opted to stick with just cardstock for my background to really let the Artisan collection shine. The title was cut from Artisan paper on my cameo and then misted, and I cut the leaf sprays using a manual die from Papertrey Ink (unfortunately I can't find it in their shop right now, but it's from the Harvest Berries collection).  There's also just a hint of gold mist in the background- I pulled out my favorite little triangle mask again to use for just a tiny bit of geometric pattern to coordinate with the gold airmail washi tape across the top and bottom of the page.

DSC_2238.jpg

DSC_2240.jpg

It's looking more and more like we're not going to have a gorgeous, colorful fall here this year. Last year's was absolutely spectacular, but things seems to have reverted back to their normal state this time around, meaning that the leaves just suddenly turn brown one day, then fall off not too long after that.

That's okay, though, because I'll still have the chance to photograph some gorgeous leaves in northern Tennessee later this month when I visit Mom and Dad for Dad's birthday, and I still have a few photos from last fall that I haven't gotten around to scrapping yet!


Supplies (click on images for product links):




CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan