tractor pull birthday

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

DSC_2216.jpg

I've been on a real sketch kick lately, and this week I had the chance to work with the fun layout plan below. Cindy Liebel designed this sketch for Lily Bee, and you can see both of our layouts over on the Lily Bee blog.

 
Cindy intentionally left lots of room for interpretation on this sketch, and I love her for it! There are so many places that are potential spots for journaling, photos, and embellishment. I chose to use the large white space at the bottom as a spot for my photo block, used star embellishments cut on my Silhouette where the circles are, and made a place for journaling just above the title.

DSC_9540.jpg

Aside from sketch day, this layout is also part of Lily Bee's week-long focus on mixing their collections. Believe it or not, I was able to use bits and pieces of all the CHA Summer collections- Autumn Spice, Christmas Cheer, and Persnickety- all on the same layout documenting my cousin's surprise birthday party at a tractor pull (can I just say that I love living in the south?) earlier this year. By mixing B-sides and non-themed prints I was able to pull together a red, cream, and blue color scheme and then warm it up and make it pop with a dark brown background.

DSC_2217.jpg

DSC_2215.jpg

Thanks for making such an awesome sketch to work with, Cindy! You made this layout so easy for me!


Supplies (click on images for product links):




CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan