creature comforts

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

DSC_2408.jpg

Good morning, everyone, and Happy Halloween! We still haven't carved our pumpkins here, so this evening after work will be a bit of a mad scramble to get that done before the trick or treaters start arriving at our door. Luckily I picked up a Star Wars pumpkin carving kit at Target a few weeks ago- it should help make life just a little easier!

In the spirit of all this spookiness I've got a Halloween themed layout to share with you, based on the sketch that was posted yesterday on the Pretty Little Studio blog.

 

DSC_9562.jpg

I don't normally add this many items to a page, but I don't normally get to do Halloween pages, either, so I admit I went a bit nuts with it! I started with papers from the Pretty Little Studio Scaredy Cat collection and photos of our Halloween decor from a couple of years ago (with the kitchen construction going on right now I didn't even attempt to get it all out again this year) and arranged everything to follow the sketch.

DSC_2410.jpg

I didn't really intend to fill all the whitespace off to the side, but once I started with those star and ghost diecuts I just couldn't stop myself! Out came the box of Halloween product that hardly gets used, and before I knew it a big blingy spider, some buttons, and a few resin flowers had joined the mix!

DSC_2409.jpg

I admit, I had fun stepping outside my usual box and really decking this page out. :)

Thanks for stopping by today, and have a safe and happy Halloween!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan