decorating for thanksgiving

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

DSC_2185.jpg

For the latest Out Of The Box color challenge on the Pretty Little Studio blog I was asked to come up with a layout based on color inspiration from the image below.

 

I had no trouble incorporating the yummy orange and green tones and throwing in a hint of brown, but then I decided to take a bit more than just color inspiration from the image. I'll talk more about in a minute, but first I'll show you the page.

DSC_9535.jpg

So, oranges, greens, yellows, and browns are all here, so that takes care of the color component. You might also have noticed the subtle bit of misting in the background, too, using a chicken wire mask from The Crafter's Workshop. That bit of detail was inspired by the extra texture provided by the thorny branch under the pumpkin in the inspiration image, and I selected white cardstock as the background to mimic the white in the plate.

DSC_2186.jpg

I also took my overall theme of decorating for Fall from the image, since it's obviously part of a Halloween or Fall themed tablescape.

DSC_2187.jpg

So many bits of inspiration in one little image! This is one of the reasons that I subscribe to so many home and design blogs in my Google Reader along with the massive number of scrapping blogs that live there, too. I'm finding more and more these days that it's the non-scrapping images that inspire me to try new things!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan