killing time

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

DSC_2226.jpg

There have been two things on my "when I have time for them" scrapbooking wishlist for a few weeks now- getting started scrapping my Star Wars Celebration VI photos and participating in some of the awesome sketch challenges that are out there. I got a start on both of those with today's layout, based on the sketch below from the PageMaps blog.

 
I used an Instagram photo of my little bro reading a fresh new Star Wars novel (that he scored at the Del Rey booth) while waiting in line for the costume pageant to start. The sketch called for a rectangular photo, but this square one + a journaling card turned on its side filled that spot nicely.

DSC_9537.jpg

Also on my to-do list was to get to work with last month's Studio Calico kit (you know, before the new one arrives...), so I kicked things off by using a big chunk of the Jenni Bowlin stencil paper from the Road Show add-on as a background for this page- I thought that the letters added a nice book-ish touch to things.

DSC_2228.jpg

DSC_2227.jpg

I've got lots more photos of Celebration VI to scrap- they're getting their own album, in fact! I've discovered the joys of the "upgrade" album thanks to Shimelle Laine's Cover to Cover class (which I highly recommend- it's packed with great content including video walk-throughs of several of Shimelle's albums), and CVI will have at least one volume of its own- maybe even two!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan