friday favorites | october 12, 2012

Friday, October 12, 2012

Ermahgerd! Ert's Frerder!

True story, I busted out with the ermahgerd meme last weekend while Darren and I were driving home, and you'd have thought I'd said the funniest thing ever. He'd been seeing it all over the place online, of course, but he didn't expect me (I'm the most disconnected person ever who never watches the news and only turns on the television if the Olympics are going on) to have heard about it. Little does he know that I get all of my meme education from I Can Has Cheezburger! (Confused about ermahgerd speak? There's a translator here!)

And of course all of that has nothing to do with crafting and everything to do with the fact that I'm in a wacky mood this morning, most likely born of having yet another new project going on- a kitchen renovation. Yes, I decided to start gutting my kitchen in preparation for installing a new floor (and eventually new cabinets), and of course I decided to do it right before the busiest cooking season of the year! I've got a plan to keep it operational while the construction is going on (and since I'm DIYing it with some help from D it'll probably be a several month process), so here's hoping I can keep my sanity throughout the whole thing! The tile has already been delivered, and this weekend I'm ripping out closets to make the space bigger and taking up the old flooring.

Okay, enough of my rambling- this is supposed to be a post about crafty picks, right? I've got some fun things for you this week including a few Halloween projects, two different layered embellishment tutorials, and one very cool trick with a hexagon stamp, so let's get started!

 

From the top left:

  • Piradee Talvanna shows off a lovely mini album that she made (with lots of help from her Silhouette) on Crate Paper's blog.
  • Jen Allyson is in Halloween project mode and shares a lovely set of decoupaged craft pumpkins. What a great idea for timeless decor that can be used year after year.
  • Check out this video on the Papertrey Ink blog where Melissa Phillips shares how she took inspiration for her handmade cards from the card aisle at a local store.
  • I {Lowe} Scrap posted a step-by-step mini album tutorial. This Polish paper company has a crazy talented design team, and they make some of the most gorgeous mini albums and layouts!
  • Lilith Eeckels posted a video on Swiss Girl Designs showing how she makes her own layered embellishments.
  • Citrus Twist Kits design team member Angie Gutshall came up with an awesome creative use for one of this month's exclusive stamps.
  • Learn how to make these adorable witch's broom wrapped treats at Betsy Veldman's blog.
  • Lexi Bridges shares how she deconstructs pre-made embellishments and makes them her own at the Basic Grey blog.
  • Laura Vegas gets my vote for best use of confetti ever for this yummy cupcake card.
TTFN!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan