water lilies

Thursday, October 11, 2012

DSC_2275.jpg

The latest sketch at Creative Scrappers is absolutely perfect for me on so many levels. It uses just two small-ish photos, has lots of layers, and even has a tag sticking out of the top (I've caught myself using shipping tags tied with twine bows on lots of layouts lately).

 
And if all of that weren't enough, those doily accents peeking out of the top and bottom of the photo block reminded me that I still had a few of them unused in my August Studio Calico kit, Summer of '69. I loved the colors in this kit (a mix of October Afternoon's Woodland Park, Basic Grey's Paper Cottage, and Pebbles' Sprout, among others), and it definitely helped get a nice, bright, floral vibe going on this layout.

DSC_9548.jpg

Straight away you might notice that there's no journaling on this page. I considered adding a few sentences, but I didn't really have more to say about the photos than I've said before. The pictures are from this set, all shot on the same day at the Botanical Gardens, and I've already scrapped one layout with a few of them here telling the story of our trip to the water gardens. I pretty much said it all on that page, so this one can sit next to it in the album and just look pretty. There doesn't always have to be a burning story in order to scrap a page- sometimes it's just about the pretty photos!

DSC_2276.jpg

DSC_2277.jpg

I had to make myself use that sheet of Basic Grey What's Up paper as the background. I used the B side print with the subtle floating text as the background, but it's the opposite side with the massive sunburst and clouds that's been my favorite since I first spotted it. I think I might have another sheet of it in my stash somewhere, so I'll be sure to use the A side of it next time!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan