geek girl | october 14, 2012

Sunday, October 14, 2012

My brother sent me a link to a YouTube video on Thursday that turned out to be very, very expensive. I know I'm going to sound a bit out of touch (at least in a geeky sense) when I admit this, but I've never really paid attention to Star Wars video games beyond some of the old (ooooold) PC titles like Rebel Assault and a bit of Lego Star Wars now and then. So when J sent me this video I watched it about a dozen times...and then promptly went and ordered an X-Box. With a Kinect. And the accompanying Star Wars game.


Sooooo geekily cool, right? I used to be a massive Dance Dance Revolution addict on the Wii, so this is right up my alley. I'm so excited, and UPS says that my Star Wars edition X-Box bundle (I got the one that looks like R2-D2) will be here on Monday!

On the slightly cheaper video game front, The Angry Birds franchise is again expanding, this time with a...you guessed it...Star Wars version! It's set to release on November 8th, and usually these titles run in the 99 cent category. Since I already have an iPhone, I'm all set to go with a platform for this one. :)


And of course, I have the usual selection of geeky picks for you this week, as well!

 

From the top left:

  • Geeky Gadgets featured this awesome Doctor Who TARDIS liquor cabinet. Insert "bigger on the inside" joke here.
  • Need to make opening your mail a bit more exciting? Try slicing through those pesky envelopes with a bat'leth letter opener from Think Geek.
  • If Star Wars themed office supplies are more your style, Think Geek has you covered with these lightsaber pens. Insert "the pen is mightier than the lightsaber" joke here.
  • The aptly named Out Of This World Pinata Etsy shop offers a fantastic variety of awesome Star Wars pinatas.
  • The best part of waking up...is R2 as your cup?
  • Geeky Etsy shops are on fire lately, with Mysterious Cats offering plush handmade crochet Star Wars vehicles. Love!
  • Can mail technically ever arrive late if it's delivered to a time machine? Check out this awesome TARDIS mailbox and lots more geeky postal boxes at Stellar Four.
  • This may be the first time I've actually had a Lost link to share, but this Dharma Initiative inspired nursery was too good to pass up!
  • How fun is this Evil Science party setup by Hostess with the Mostess? I'm thinking I need to do something like this for Darren's birthday!
MTFBWY!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan