friday favorites | march 23, 2012

Friday, March 23, 2012

Happy Friday night, scrappy peeps! I'm popping in to share this evening's favorites now that I've had my requisite post-work weightlifting and running session at the gym along with my pre-bed dinner out to eat some really good Indian food. Is anyone else as addicted to naan as I am? 

Really quickly before I jump in- the design team intros have been going up at the Lily Bee blog over the past few days, and mine was posted here, crazy new profile photo and all. Okay, so I really mostly link these things up to my blog so I can find them later when I need to- please tell me I'm not the only one who does that!

Okay, on with the picks!

May Flaum starts us off tonight with her new blog series entitled "Operation Clean Studio." I'm sure she's the only scrapbooker who's ever had a messy workspace- right? Right. :) She plans to post weekly- the first entry is linked with the photo below, and you can find the second one from earlier this week here.



Visit Finding Nana to learn how to turn your photos into fake Polaroid style images with Picasa- I had no idea it could do that, and I actually used it for years before switching to Lightroom. So very, very cool!



Every once in a while a layout simply takes my breath away with its beauty, and this lovely page by Gaelle Fauglas did just that as soon as I spotted it- sooooo gorgeous!



Basic Grey posted a super fun layout using all kinds of punched hearts as a page background. I can't wait to try this out for myself.



Check out a cool tip for using up lots of washi tape at Hambly's blog.



Davinie Fiero shares a confetti technique that I'm dying to try now! Maybe this weekend- I've got lots of scrapping on the schedule!



Speaking of confetti, you can find this lovely confetti-filled mini album by Lilith Eeckels at the Crate Paper blog.



Chelsea's stunning layout definitely gets my vote for most creative (and eye-catching) use of a Silhouette Cameo to create a title- this is another idea I'm definitely going to use somewhere.



Rounding out the group this week is another project by Basic Grey. I love the look of this button-and-brad-filled monogram- what a great way to use up some supplies and make a gorgeous piece of decor at the same time.



Have a scrappy weekend!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan