project life 2011 | december 25-31

Monday, March 5, 2012

I'm back again this week with another catch-up layout from my 2011 Project Life album. This time I tackled the Christmas week photos!

I mentioned when I posted the Christmas Eve week photos that I kept the same set of supplies from October Afternoon's Holiday Style line out to work on Christmas week, as well. The pages still turned out quite differently, even though many of the same items were used on both. The photos really make all the difference in this project!

project life december 25-31 2011 2.jpg

project life december 25-31 2011 3.jpg

The photos above show the layout with a single 6x12 insert that I added to hold some extra photos (come on, it's impossible to choose just one photo from Christmas!), and the photo below shows the main pages without the insert. At least I kept it to just one extra page this week!

project life december 25-31 2011 1.jpg

Here's a closer look at the left side (sleeping kitten and all) that was pretty much completely dedicated to the goings on of Christmas morning at our house.

DSC_8825.jpg

Oh, and here's the left side with the insert open...

DSC_8826.jpg

I had a lot of fun incorporating some of the packaging from our Christmas gifts onto this page. Darren gave me a set of remote locators for my keys (that I'm always losing), and I gave him a Portal shower curtain. Pieces of the packaging from both items ended up as backgrounds for two of the pockets this week.

DSC_1972.jpg

DSC_1974.jpg

Lots of little Elle's Studio tags from their 2011 Christmas collection made their way here, too. Having these all organized in my Project Life tray has made it so much easier to quickly find and use the ones I need.

DSC_1973.jpg

DSC_1971.jpg

As with the Christmas Eve week insert, I added just a few little bits of embellishment to this week's extra photos, such as these chipboard pieces from the Holiday Style collection.

DSC_1975.jpg

The right side of the spread (and the side of the insert facing this page) is almost completely devoted to photos of Christmas evening with my family and also some of the day after Christmas when I went shopping with Mom and Beth in the morning and my Dad in the afternoon before Darren and I headed back home. In fact, only two of the photos on either page aren't Christmas related somehow. I completely went into a photo coma after the holiday until the end of the week- I think I was recovering from the craziness of the past couple of weeks!

DSC_8828.jpg

And here's the right side without the insert.

DSC_8827.jpg

I love putting little 2x2 photos on journaling cards along with the writing- it's like embellishing with your photos! And it's also a great way to squeeze in a few extra pictures each week.

DSC_1978.jpg

DSC_1977.jpg

And here's a peek at the decorated insert on this side. Just a simple chipboard "25"...and one very confused cat!

DSC_1979.jpg

At this point I did put away the Holiday Style stuff before moving on to the next week's pages. :) I can't decide if I'm going to share another catch-up week next week or dive back in to the 2012 pages. I suppose we'll see how I feel then! :)
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan