lawn fawn inspiration week | critters ever after

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Kelly asked me to join Lawn Fawn to make layouts, but as soon as my box of stamps arrived I couldn't help getting them out just to play and make something small. I'll be sharing my Lawn Fawn layout tomorrow, but today I wanted to show you all these tiny little (3x4, of course!) journaling cards that I made for my Project Life album!

DSC_3522.jpg

Amy Tan posted a really cool watercolor technique a couple of months ago using Studio Calico's Mister Huey's mists and a straw, and I really, really wanted to try it. Because, come on- painting with a straw!?!? Not only is it fun, but it's something that I, with nearly zero artistic ability with a paintbrush, can do!

DSC_3523.jpg

I changed up her technique a bit to add a little resist, which is where the Lawn Fawn Critters Ever After stamps come into play. I stamped them on a few of Becky Higgins' grid journaling cards for Project Life using VersaMark watermark ink, then heat embossed them with clear embossing powder (I use Zing by American Crafts). After the embossing powder was set, I then added the watercolors to make the stamped images pop out.

DSC_3525.jpg

I think the effect is kinda dreamy, and I love it! The clear embossing powder will resist pretty much any colorant, not just stamp inks, so you can try it will all kinds of mediums!

DSC_3526.jpg

Be sure to check out the Lawn Fawn blog today (and all this week!) for more inspiration with all the new stamps. Today's highlight is Critters Ever After, but each day brings a new focus on a different stamp set or even the new Bright Side papers!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan