green frog studio layout | eden market

Thursday, March 15, 2012

DSC_1892.jpg

So, I've been pulling out a lot of photos lately from our trip to D.C. last October...not sure exactly why, just that when I start flipping through my box of printed photos, there's always something in this stack that works with whatever papers or sketch I need to use for an assignment. This time around I turned to photos from the Eden Center, a fantastically awesome Asian market just outside D.C. in Falls Church, Virginia (I mentioned it when I posted my Huong Viet layout earlier this week).

DSC_8803.jpg

This page went up yesterday on Celine Navarro's blog, The Green Frog Studio, for one of her fantastic sketch posts, and I actually convinced myself to break into some Studio Calico Documentary and Anthology papers that I've been hoarding saving for a while and put them to use. Looooooove this woodgrain background paper. I may or may not have ordered a dozen or so sheets once upon a time and put them away with my other woodgrain papers (yes, I have a whole file just for them) that are kept strictly for use as page backgrounds.

There, I admitted it, I feel better now.

And I also have no idea how that doily got on my page. None! They seem to be everywhere on my layouts these days...I think they multiply in my scrap room while I'm asleep.

DSC_1891.jpg

Notice the photo above? Obviously I was not holding the camera for that one! So glad Darren took it from me and got this shot. And I'm also obviously not terribly concerned with fashion, if the Adidas warmup pants, North Face hiking jacket, and Kavu purse are any indication. Nope, it's all about comfort for me! That's just how I roll, yo. Especially on travel. That's also why it's dangerous for me to walk into a store with the letters "R," "E," and "I" in the name...

DSC_1893.jpg

There were so many awesome yummies to photograph that I ended up with a bunch of extra photos (okay, so when do I not end up with extra photos these days?) and made a second layout in a divided page protector to go along with the more traditional page.

DSC_8804.jpg


DSC_1889.jpg

Seriously, posting all these travel photos has me in the mood to go somewhere again! I'd better get on that vacation planning pronto!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan