scrapbook circle | layout | an afternoon at leu gardens

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

DSC_2103.jpg

I had to hold a couple of my Scrapbook Circle Best.Day.Ever. kit layouts out until they were posted on the SC blog, but now I can share this one since it was posted late last week! And there's actually still one more waiting in the wings, but I'll be able to share it next week.

DSC_8845.jpg

While flipping through my photo box, I found a set of prints from my August 2010 visit to Orlando (these are from Leu Gardens) that I thought would look great with the kit. I love it when I already have photos printed out that work with my supplies. I try to print photos out in advance and just file them away, waiting for the right supplies. It really helps me to separate my photo printing and scrapbooking processes since on the whole I'm not overly fond of the photo printing part.

DSC_2104.jpg

DSC_2102.jpg

This month's Designer Challenge at Scrapbook Circle was to use a stencil on a scrapbook page. The March kit includes some of the fantastic new Jenni Bowlin stencil paper, but I was given the task of using a generic stencil. I've had the 2x12 chevron mask from Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's collection at Crafter's Workshop sitting in my scrap room for a few months, but this is the first time I've actually pulled it out to use it! Actually, I think it was the second, but the first happened literally in the same weekend for another project entirely, and those days are running together a little bit...and I have to say that I love this template!

DSC_2090.jpg

I misted with Studio Calico's Calico White mist, using it a bit more heavily in the center than on the top and bottom for a gradual faded look. It helped to soften up the background a little, and the chevrons also help break up the grid print just a bit.

DSC_2092.jpg

And of course I had a lot of extra 4x6 prints hanging around, so I used some of the kit supplies to scrap them in a divided page protector, too.

DSC_8849.jpg

I only had the one sheet of the green background paper, so I wasn't able to use it to tie the two pages together as I normally would. Instead I'm having to rely on the repetition of the chipboard buttons, wooden butterflies, tiny tickets, and bits of ruffled trim to help in that department. I was also able to pull in some of the grey striped paper, even though it's less obvious on the traditional layout.

DSC_2110.jpg

DSC_2112.jpg

And here's how they look side-by-side in the album.

leu gardens.jpg

I've got a couple of announcements that I'll be making on the blog this week- one tonight and one tomorrow, actually. The ends of some chapters, the beginnings of others, but on the whole it's all good stuff that I can't wait to share with you all!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan