lawn fawn | bright side layout

Monday, March 26, 2012

Quick note: due to Lawn Fawn's posting schedule for Inspiration Week this month, I'll be delaying my usual Project Life Monday post until tomorrow. The winner of the Serenity stacks from DCWV has been selected and will receive an email from me shortly. I'll announce the name in tomorrow's post!

DSC_3533.jpg

It's layout day over at the Lawn Fawn blog, where we're smack in the middle of Inspiration Week with the new stamps and papers.

When I visited the Lawn Fawn CHA booth and first met Kelly earlier this year, she gave me a tour and pointed out all the new sets, including Critters Ever After. I may or may not have squeaked with utter joy upon finding out that there's a gryphon stamp in the set.

A gryphon, people!


You see, I have a cat named Griffin- a big 21 lb. baby of a cat, at that. (Yes, he sees a vet. Yes, he's on weight control food. Honestly nobody can tell me why he's so big- we also have two other cats of a much more normal size, and they all eat the same food. It's a big mystery...especially since the fluffball was only about half a pound when I first adopted him from the shelter.)

Anyway, I digress. Griffin, the behemoth of a feline, has so many nicknames that it's not even funny. Griffly Bear. The Griff. Hippogriff. Griffyndor (my Dad came up with that one). And despite the Harry Potter-esque origins of those last two, he was in fact named after one of the main characters in Nick Bantock's Griffin and Sabine books.

DSC_8931.jpg

So, when it came time to make my very first Lawn Fawn layout, of course I had to scrap about Griffin! I started by opening up my Silhouette software and typing out all his nicknames (actually, I ran out of room and had to leave off "King Agriffa"), and then I arranged them such that I could cut them out of small strips of Bright Side paper from Lawn Fawn's 6x6 paper pad.

DSC_3531.jpg

Have I mentioned how much I love my Cameo lately?

DSC_3535.jpg

I finished the layout off with a couple of stamps- nothing fancy, just a super simple addition of the little gryphon character (because how could I not?).

DSC_3537.jpg

Be sure to check out all the other awesome layouts from the rest of the design team over at the Lawn Fawn blog!!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan