scrapbook circle | project life 2012 | week 4

Monday, March 19, 2012

Good morning, scrappy peeps! I'm popping in this morning to share the Project Life layout that I made with the March Scrapbook Circle kit, Best. Day. Ever. I've been skipping around a lot on putting my weeks together (though I do stay caught up on printing photos and keeping memorabilia with them), and this time around I scrapped photos from January 22-28. For this spread I included a lot of semi-random things and memorabilia- one of my mostest favoritest things about this album- I finally have a home for all that stuff!!

So, here's what the full spread looks like (look, mom, no inserts!!)...

project life 2012 week 4.jpg


...and here's a closer look at the left side of the page.

DSC_8831.jpg


As with past weeks, I love sticking little items like these Dear Lizzy Neapolitan stickers right on top of the page protectors. So far they all seem to be sticking really well, including some in the 2011 album that have been there for a few months, so no worries about them turning loose. And if they do I'll just go all kung fu on them with some Glue Dots.

DSC_2018.jpg


Another one of my favorite tricks is to pair up two (nearly...my printer doesn't exactly print at the right size) 2"x3" photos in one of the 4"x3" journaling pockets. I mounted these on a piece of patterned paper so there's a tiny little bit of border showing. I'm noticing that, along with lots of food photos, I also seem to photograph lots of sunrises and sunsets.

DSC_2020.jpg


I'm finding that some weeks I have so many photos to use that I often don't have room for a full 4x6 section to use as a title block! In cases like this I turn to either my Silhouette or smaller letter stickers such as the Lily Bee alphas in the kit to get my dates on the page.

DSC_2019.jpg


This photo makes me laugh every time I see it! So, Darren is a graduate student in microbiology, and he's always running some sort of experiment in the lab. One night he borrowed my Nikon to take photos of the results, and the next time I transferred photos to my computer I found this image of test tubes on the card- such a part of life around here!

DSC_2021.jpg


The little journaling spot in this pocket is from the March kit's printable- there were tons of awesome journaling spots this time around, and I used quite a few of them on this spread.

DSC_2022.jpg


DSC_2023.jpg


DSC_2024.jpg


I finally used up the Silhouette download card that came with the Cameo I got for Christmas, so I added it to this pocket along with some photos showing my craft adventures for the week. That doesn't mean that I haven't downloaded much. It means that I ran through my entire $150 subscription allowance before the end of the month and needed more shapes for a project...I may need an intervention!

DSC_2025.jpg


Moving on to the right side, also known as the "getting ready for CHA" side, since this spread documents the week before the show in Anaheim.

DSC_8832 blurred.jpg


Yes, I do indeed hang my clothes in color order in my closet, and I do own tons of black, brown, and gray. I'm definitely a low-key and basics kind of girl (though there's definitely a little color in there too)! I do have bright colors in my wardrobe, but you'll find them mostly in my stash of running shorts...which I practically live in during the summer anyway. I even go grocery shopping in them. Yes, I'm that girl.

I took this photo right after I'd hung up a ton of new purchases from a big sale at Loft- the fresh organization definitely deserved a spot in my album!

DSC_2026.jpg


Making business cards and packing for the trip- minimal packing is totally my way to travel! I took only one carry-on suitcase and my backpack, and then I checked an empty bag to carry acquired stuff back home.

DSC_2027.jpg


DSC_2028.jpg


DSC_2029.jpg


When I arrived at my hotel at CHA, my roommate (Nancy Nally) and May Flaum were out at Disney, but May had left Star Wars candy and a sweet note in my room. I do love that girl!

DSC_2031.jpg


I decided at the last minute that I'd also throw in this page from a letterpress/watercolor calendar from Anthropologie that lives on my desk at work. I'm thinking I'll include one of the pages (they're a convenient 4x6 size) in the last week of every month- they're just too pretty to throw out!

DSC_2032.jpg


Next week's Project Life share will feature another DCWV stack. Stay tuned later this week to find out which one...and also be on the lookout for a giveaway!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan