stop and scrap box | new pretties and clearance favorites

Sunday, March 4, 2012

I love getting boxes from Stop and Scrap...but the way I order them is changing so this may be the last post like this that I write up. The change is for the better, though! You see, Stop and Scrap has made changes to the way they work (like moving to a new warehouse and taking on new partners) that have allowed them to both shorten shipping times and decrease the purchase amount required for free shipping from $100 to $50. The lower free shipping limit means that I'm splitting the preorders up a bit more (because, let's face it, I can spend $50 on a preorder from a company like October Afternoon easily), and subsequent boxes will be a bit more frequent, but smaller. I'm not sure if I should keep blogging them (or perhaps save them all up to blog at once after all the CHA orders are in?) or just discontinue these- I'm not sure how many "shopping" type posts I really want to put up here, you know? Maybe I should just do one a month with everything I've bought? We'll see...

Before I launch in to the new goodies, I'd like to take a second to remind you that Stop and Scrap has recently become a sponsor here, and you can find a special discount code for their store in the right hand sidebar of my blog.

As usual, My Mind's Eye came out with tons of gorgeous stuff that I just had to have. I don't usually go in for photo-realistic papers, but the woodgrains in the new Miss Caroline collection by Jen Allyson (seriously, this girl never makes anything that isn't spectacularly gorgeous- I also love her digital work at Design House Digital) are just awesome and will make for some great page backgrounds!

DSC_1718.jpg

And, yes, this line includes lots of new brads and twine colors, too. :)

DSC_1723.jpg

DSC_1719.jpg

DSC_1725.jpg

Isn't that butterfly sheet spectacular? And the doilies over the woodgrain- oh, my!

DSC_1720.jpg

DSC_1726.jpg

DSC_1722.jpg

DSC_1724.jpg

Rhonna Farrer's beautiful designs also graced a My Mind's Eye collection at this past CHA show. Follow Your Heart is split into two separate color schemes- Be Happy and Be Amazing, and I picked up a sampling of both, plus 6x6 pads and some chipboard...and of course brads and twine!

DSC_1728.jpg

DSC_1731.jpg

DSC_1712.jpg

Love the hexagons!

DSC_1727.jpg

DSC_1732.jpg

DSC_1713.jpg

I'd had Basic Grey's Kissing Booth collection on pre-order since December or so, and was glad to see it arrive. It also arrived just in time to be incorporated in to the February Studio Calico kit. You see, I sub to Studio Calico, but I don't order add-ons. When I get my kit, I go through the list of items in each add-on, and pull any that I already own out of my stash and throw them in with my kit. Likewise, when I get a new box of goodies, if any of them were in a Studio Calico add-on I immediately put them with that kit. I don't really counterfeit kits any more (no time!!), so this is my way of halfway doing it. :)

DSC_1729.jpg

DSC_1730.jpg

Jillibean Soup's Valentine's line, Hearty Barley Soup also ended up in this box. I love the little hearts in the woodgrain!

DSC_1734.jpg

I mentioned in my last Stop and Scrap box post that they'd had a major clearance sale when they moved to their new warehouse. The last box had a ton of the Thickers and American Crafts items that I picked up (and I've already used a ton of it!), and this one had bits from a few other manufacturers (and a ton from Ranger...more on that in a bit).

I'd somehow missed the Cottage collection by Crate Paper when it first came out, so I picked one up when Stop and Scrap found a few more in their warehouse.

DSC_1705.jpg

This Pink Paislee Daily Junque collection pack was just $4.75. $4.75, people!! It's another that I didn't pick up the first time around, so I was happy to score one.

DSC_1709.jpg

I did buy Nantucket when it was first released, but I've used so much of it on my Bahamas album and still have a lot to go on that project, so I picked up another for $5. Yes, I said $5. :)

DSC_1711.jpg

Oooooh, Peppermint, my favorite Christmas line from last year. Soooo happy to get another one of these since I've cut my first one to bits and almost used it up!

DSC_1716.jpg

The American Crafts Chap line was being closed out, as well, so I picked up a package of papers.

DSC_1735.jpg

And oh, my, can you ever had enough Amy Tangerine paper? This 32 sheet bundle was $12.80, so I scooped one up. This paper goes with everything!!!

DSC_1736.jpg

Some super sweet Amy Tangerine embellishments were on sale, too.

DSC_1738.jpg

DSC_1739.jpg

DSC_1740.jpg

And then there were some super-old (but still fab) papers from the My Mind's Eye Ooh La La collection, too.

DSC_1737.jpg

Brads. I can never have enough pretty brads. Especially for 60 to 80 cents a pack!

DSC_1742.jpg

Yes, my decorative tape obsession is almost as bad as my brad love. These pretty rolls are by 7 Gypsies.

DSC_1714.jpg

And then a couple of odds and ends from Basic Green and Pink Paislee.

DSC_1743.jpg

I'm really looking forward to playing with these Studio Calico misting masks! You can't really see the designs very well from the front, but the back of the package shows them more clearly.

DSC_1744.jpg

DSC_1745.jpg

And now we've arrived at the Ranger stuff.

Oooooh, that Ranger sale. You see, Stop and Scrap found a whole pile of Ranger items and put them on clearance for up to 80% off! The stuff was flying out of their store that morning- some of it "jumped" out of my cart before I had a chance to check out, even!

I finally picked up an ink blending tool and some foam- can you believe I didn't have this yet?

DSC_1746.jpg

Distress Inks were $1.99 each, so I picked up the colors that I didn't already have.

DSC_1754.jpg

DSC_1753.jpg

DSC_1756.jpg

And these Studio paints by Claudine Hellmuth? They were $1.10 each!

DSC_1749.jpg

DSC_1747.jpg

DSC_1748.jpg

Jenni Bowlin reinkers were 80 cents each...I already have all the ink pads, so these will come in handy.

DSC_1750.jpg

DSC_1751.jpg

DSC_1752.jpg

And then I got a couple of Distress Stickles for 50 cents each and a Jenni Bowlin paint dabber for 70 cents.

DSC_1757.jpg

And now I'm patiently waiting for the CHA Winter 2012 stuff to roll in to the warehouse and ship to me- such a fun time of the year!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan