friday favorites | january 4, 2013

Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy Friday, everyone!

I have to admit, I love this time of year. The beginning of the year is my time to clean, organize, and start new projects. The scrap room got a thorough cleaning last weekend (no rearranging this year- I'm pretty happy with the way it is!), and I've been happily crafting away in the moments I get between work, the gym, and chores around the house. It's been a lovely, cozy week!

If craftiness is on your agenda for the weekend, I've rounded up some fun projects, tutorials, and articles that you might want to check out. So let's get started, shall we?

 

From the top left:

  • I love the rainbow of neatly organized supplies in Dawn McVey's crafting space, shown on the Studio Calico blog.
  • I'm guessing that this hot chocolate play-dough on Tori Spelling's ediTORIal blog smells divine!
  • Magda Mizera shares her process for creating this layout from start to finish.
  • Photojojo posted a great guide to photography in the kitchen.
  • Looking for a few good fonts? Stephanie Baxter linked up a massive list of her favorite journaling fonts!
  • Lisa Dickinson posted a genius idea for both storing and using those tiny little Lily Bee alphas.
  • I love all of the gorgeous quote/typography posters that I'm seeing lately. If you want to generate your own, Recite This lets you enter your own text and choose from a number of formats and backgrounds!
  • Photographer Katelyn James recently guest posted on Jasmine Star's blog with a behind-the-scenes look at finding great locations to shoot portraits.
  • This adorable ornament-on-a-card at The Witchcraft was designed as a Christmas gift, but I can totally see something similar being done for Valentine's Day, as well!
TTFN!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan