lawn fawn cha winter 2013

Thursday, January 10, 2013

I absolutely love Lawn Fawn's two new paper releases (not to mention the new stamps and dies!), and I actually had the opportunity to work with the new Daphne's Closet line (just peeked today!) last week to put together a sample layout for CHA.

Just for fun, I took photos of the paper when it arrived at my house. No, that's not what it looked like after I was done scrapping- that's how it came out of the package! Kelly only had proof sheets to send out to us (and only one of each, at that!), so she cut them apart and split them between several of the designers. You can even see the color proofing strips on the ends of a few pieces. :) So when we get to my layout in a minute, you'll understand why it's on a plain cardstock background (oh, how I want to grab those papers and use them as yummy full-color background sheets when the real thing comes in!).

DSC_5347.jpg

Unfortunately the stickers for the paper collections hadn't shipped back to Kelly, either, so the only embellishments in the envelope were samples of the new Lawn Trimmings cords (such gorgeous colors this time around!). Now, don't get me wrong- I am totally not complaining about any of this. It's actually fun, and I treat it like the ultimate scrapbooking challenge- I just thought that you guys would enjoy a little behind-the-scenes look at how things get prepped for a trade show. I promise that we do not all get brand new packs of everything weeks before the show! Last year one manufacturer (not Lawn Fawn) did send us new paper packs that had been run on a digital press since that was the faster option- unfortunately, the ink from that press was adhesive-repellant, and nothing, not even ATG, would stick to it! That got interesting. :)

DSC_5350.jpg

The layout below is what I put together for Kelly. For CHA layouts you have to stick to just that manufacturer's products (though some companies do allow common craft items like shipping tags and doilies in the mix) and if you think that it looks a little plain, you're right! It's actually not quite finished, because...

DSC_9666.jpg

...the stickers should be arriving in time for the show (fingers crossed!), and Kelly will be adding them to the page for me before hanging it in the booth. I actually shot the photo below for her as a placement guide using stickers from the Fa-la-la collection (that's why it looks so crazy with all the colors clashing!)- thank goodness that Lawn Fawn sticker sheets always use the same shapes and sizes with just the colors and sentiments changing!

DSC_5352.jpg

If you haven't seen them already, here's a roundup of all the new Lawn Fawn goodies (with links to click through for more photos) that will be debuting at the show in just a few short days!

Daphne's Closet



Pink Lemonade

 

Lawn Trimmings Cord (3 new colors!)

 

Lawn Cuts Dies (12 new sets!)

 

Stamps (10 new sets!)

 
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan