sketch layout for pretty little studio

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

DSC_5390.jpg

It was my turn for a sketch layout over at Pretty Little Studio this week, and I had a lot of fun with Keri's sketch!

 

I kept the circles in the background (using a doily in place of one and patterned paper for the others) and used the idea of two photos strips but formed a block with them instead of having them offset.

DSC_9683.jpg

Supplies:



I dug into the April Showers collection for this layout along with just a little help from Monsieur's journaling tags (the photos are from my birthday last year where I had a green and gold theme going).

DSC_5391.jpg

Since Pretty Little Studio's papers are all 8x8, I always have my choice of background papers, and I decided to break into the stack of lovely Basic Grey Fact and Fiction papers that Mom picked up for me at JoAnn (since my own local store decided not to carry it). Pretty Little Studio and Basic Grey have vastly different styles, so it took a few minutes of flipping through the papers to find one that worked, but I love how the polka dot background adds just a touch of pattern that you don't get with just plain cardstock.

DSC_5392.jpg

All of the embellishments are also stash, from the resin flowers (Michaels has them in every colors) to the chipboard butterflies (from an old Studio Calico kit- maybe last February?) and even that pinked yellow foam circle behind the title. I've had that for ages (it was a Tuesday Morning closeout find) and am so happy to be getting these items on layouts!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan