geek girl | january 20, 2013

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Hello, geeklings! After a bit of a dry spell of geeky stuff to link up (during which I actually wondered if I was going to have to shelve Geek Girl!), a veritable plethora of fun stuff has come my way (along with a few new great blogs that have come to my attention). Geek Girl is no longer an endangered species (I would have been a sad panda if I'd had to discontinue it or take it to just every other week), and I've got a rockin set of stuff for you this week!

 

From the top left:

  • Did this lifelike Dalek cake fool you? It looks like a real model! (via Nerdalicious)
  • Buzzfeed linked up this super fun Super Mario Bros. proposal-in-a-box.
  • I love these blueprint posters featuring starfighters from the Battle of Yavin. Check them out over at Tie Fighters!
  • We haven't had a good Muppets cake around here in a while, so this Muppet wedding cake featured at When Geeks Wed is a much needed entry!
  • Gizmodiva shares the latest in geeky swimwear with this Darth Vader comic swimsuit.
  • I think I've shared R2-D2 re-created in just about every way possible here over the years, and this week you can see him as a can sculpture over at Nerdalicious.
  • The little droid also popped up recently as a wooden iPhone dock over at TheForce.net.
  • The Force is strong with the Target Dollar Spot, where Star Wars items have reportedly been spotted. (via Rebel Scum)
  • Oh, Stargate, how I miss thee! I'm so happy to see it alive and well in geekdom, though, as evidenced by this 'gate inspired wedding ring! (via When Geeks Wed)
MTFBWY!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan