darren's birthday dinner

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Darren's birthday was last week, but since we both had to work that day (he doesn't take off on his birthdays like I tend to), we ended up just going out to dinner to celebrate.

I left work a little early so I could bake his cake before we went out (vanilla cake with mango cream sauce, which I never photographed because we were so exhausted when we got home from dinner), and I also spent a few minutes whipping up something special to wrap his gift in. I used some scraps from my Echo Park Happy Days papers to decorate a little box that I cut on my Wishblade (come on, you know I had to get something scrappy in here, right? :) ). 

DSC_4398.jpg

Dinner was at Papou's- a great little Greek restaurant in (what passes for) downtown Huntsville.

DSC_4399.jpg


 We totally couldn't pronounce anything on the menu, but the Spanakopita appetizer sounded great to both of us...

DSC_4400.jpg

...because who doesn't love filo dough stuffed with cheese? There were five on the plate, but by the time we put the deliciousness down for a few seconds so I could photograph it, there was only one left!

DSC_4401.jpg

Darren's entree was huge! A massive serving of Greek macaroni, plus dolmas (one of his favorite foods).

DSC_4404.jpg

Mine was a bit more tame (and slightly less Greek), but still delicious. How can filet and shrimp go wrong, after all?

DSC_4405.jpg

DSC_4406.jpg

And to finish the night off, we split a piece of baklava. Sooooooo good!

DSC_4407.jpg

Oh, and if you were wondering what Darren's gift could have possibly been in that tiny little box, it was this...

 

...or, more correctly, it was a picture of an Asus Transformer Prime (the sweet new Droid tablet that's coming out) with a promise that I would order one for him just as soon as it was available. It's a big gift, but it was also really cool because I got almost everyone in both his family and mine in on it, and everyone is contributing to it.

So that was Darren's birthday- nice and low key, just the way we like things. :)
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan