friday favorites | november 25, 2011

Friday, November 25, 2011

Good morning, peeps! I hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving and that if you're out shopping today that you're staying safe! Some years I think that shopping on the day after Thanksgiving is fun, and others not so much. Last year I enjoyed it, but this year I have no interest whatsoever in getting out in the crowds (the touch of the sniffles that I have right now could have something do with that), so I'm just going to go to work instead. And, honestly? There's nothing that I really need out there, so best just to not go and tempt myself...though that doesn't mean that I haven't scored an online deal or two this morning (ahem...thank you, Totally Rad for the deal on RadLab!!).

And, now that Thanksgiving is officially over, I couldn't help sharing just a few Christmas picks this week!

 

From the top left:
  • Kristina Werner ran her fantastic Holiday Card Series again this year, and this card in particular caught my eye. I love her use of one of my favorite supplies (baker's twine) to form the tree!
  • The Daily Digi shared this amazing video teaser of photo unblurring technology that Adobe is working on deep in the bowels of their Photoshop lab. It's nowhere near ready for release yet, but just imagine the possibilities for saving all those blurry photos. This, people, is one of the reasons I never delete any photos, even the bad ones!
  • Bubblegum Life shares a lovely mini album. I love the amazing editing on the photos and all the sweet details on the album pages.
  • Get a glimpse of this fabulous layout (and the cool alcohol ink technique that goes with it) at Crate Paper.
  • It's no secret that I have a massive obsession with snowflakes, so these ornaments by Dawn McVey- made with Papertrey Ink's new snowflake dies- is right up my alley. I love the glittered edges!
  • October Afternoon shares some great ideas for simple scrappy gift tags.
  • Get some new ideas for using your washi tape stash (including a cool journaling technique) from Kelly Purkey.
  • And if that doesn't satisfy your washi tape addiction, Tea For Joy also has some great washi tape gift wrapping ideas.
  • For those who don't have washi tape (and therefore can't understand the addiction) Papertrey Ink shows you how to make your own using stamps. Just so you can become washi junkies like the rest of us. :)
Have a scrappy weekend!
    CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan