geek girl | november 20, 2011

Sunday, November 20, 2011

I've definitely been more craft than geeky this weekend. Yesterday Mom and I met up at Archiver's in Nashville to do a little shopping, and ended up going to Michaels and getting lunch at Chipotle, as well! I spent the rest of the weekend hanging out with the family, including my adorbz nieceling Sophie Clare (who is starting to learn to say "it's a trap!" fairly well).

The fun weekend didn't keep me from collecting lots of geeky links for you, though!

 

From the top left:
  • I'm trying to talk Jon and Beth into doing something like this Star Wars themed nursery for their next child. The idea isn't gaining much traction, though.
  • 8-bit rocks, and these 8-bit sugar cookies rock even harder. (I so cannot believe I just said that...) The awesome part? They show you how to make your own.
  • These adorable Stormtrooper family photos showed up in two different places, and I couldn't help including both this week. This first set comes courtesy of Bit Rebels.
  • Don't have kids to dress up for Halloween? Why not dress up your pets, instead, like the owners of this pug-turned-wampa?
  • Steampunk + Star Wars is a popular combination, and this amazing steampunk Darth Vader helmet is truly a work of art. 
  • Bakerella takes her awesome cake-pops skills into Muppets territory.
  • Want more Stormtrooper photos? Check out another set at Making it Lovely (and both sets have a link back to the original photographer's site).
  • I don't think I've had a geeky craft on here in a while, so it's definitely time for something like this Star Wars cross-stitched wedding sampler
  • Would it surprise you to learn that all of these Star Wars sugar cookies were made with regular holiday-themed cutters and not special Star Wars ones? It's true! Head on over to Sweet Sugarbelle to learn more. (via Club Jade)
Until next time, geek out, peeps!
      CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan