geek girl | geekmas shopping

Sunday, November 27, 2011

This geek girl "tried" to get some online Christmas shopping done this weekend, but I have a nasty sinus something-or-other that has pretty much completely tapped me out, so not much got done. If you're in the market for some geeky gifts, though, I've got some goodies to share with you!


From the top left:
  • If you live in the UK, then perhaps you'll be lucky enough to receive Season 6 of Doctor Who on DVD (or Blu-Ray), complete with Dalek and TARDIS ornaments
  • Santa hats are a Christmas staple in our household, though I may have to upgrade mine to this Santa Yoda hat
  • Speaking of Santa Yoda, check out this massive Lego "minifig" build!
  • It's a sign of the times...Goodnight, Moon has been replaced with Goodnight, iPad. My only question...is it also available as an app?
  • Here's one Christmas gift you won't have to pay for (unless you subscribe in iTunes, of course)- the annual Doctor Who Christmas special! This year's is titled "The Doctor, The Widow, and The Wardrobe," and, yes, it's a take-off on exactly what it sounds like. Here's one production image, and I've included the trailer at the bottom of this post.


  • Need something especially geeky to wrap your gifts in? How about Pi wrapping paper? It has values out to 5,000 decimal places!
  • Gadget Review lists the 25 Top Star Wars Gifts for Christmas. My top pick from the list? The Lego Death Star.
  • The Charlie Brown Christmas special (one of my most favorite Christmas programs since it gets the true meaning of the holiday right) is now a phenomenal iPad app. I can't wait to share it with my niece!
  •  This Lego Star Wars advent calendar will be making an appearance at my own house this year. I'm already counting down the days until I can count down the days!



Until next time, geek out, peeps!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan