travel scrapbooking week | photo books

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

May Flaum and I are teaming up this week to blog about our favorite travel scrapbooking ideas. Be sure to stop by her blog to see what she's got in store today! 

I mentioned in my last post that I also had a digital solution to situations where you have tons of photos from a vacation that you want to get into an album. I love, love, love to use digital photo books for this, especially in cases where I'm not concerned with adding journaling to my book. Since I try to blog and journal my vacation photos as I get them edited, journaling in my photo books isn't a priority for me. I do add journaling to traditional layouts as I make them, but my photo books are basically fancy photo albums that are designed to just flip through and enjoy.

My process for these books is simple- corral and edit all my photos as outlined in today's earlier post, and then choose an album template set and run with it!

In this post I'm going to share with you some of my favorite template sets to use for travel photo books and link up examples of a few books I've already made. Then later this evening I'll be back to share an all-new photo book!

Ali Edwards' Week in the Life Templates (2010 and 2011 editions) are awesome to use for vacations, especially those that span a week or more. The day of the week and date spaces are perfect for a chronological arrangement of photos, and both sets include a great variety of photo collage pages that are perfect for displaying lots of photos. You'll need to turn off the layers with Week in the Life specific text and also change out the sentiment tabs, but those are minimal (and easy) changes that take just a few minutes in Photoshop.

 

 

Ali's The Story of Today Layered Template Set would also make a great album template set, especially in a book where you want a bit more journaling since the templates have such great writing spaces.


I love the clean, minimal feel of Paislee Press's album template sets, including Snapshots, Snapshots 2, and Snapshots 3. While these templates do feature some pages with only a single large photo, many of them have spaces for lots of little photos that make them perfect for scrapbooking lower resolution cell phone images.

 

 

 

Paislee Press also offers the Off To Press Template Set which includes a great variety of digital album pages. While these templates are designed to fit an 8x10 book from Blurb, they can easily be placed on an 8.5x11 digital canvas for printing at almost any photo book publisher (as long as you don't mind a little extra white space around the edges).

Shimelle Laine recently wrote a post about how she's using these templates to document the photos from her around the world travel adventure, and she's inspired me to use these same templates for a Bahamas vacation that I took last December.

 

The Curated Album Kit, a joint venture between Paislee Press and Kitschy Digitals, is one of my most favorite album kits ever. I love the mix of clean, minimalist designs and vintage-inspired collages, and I've actually used it for two vacation books- one documenting my trip to Star Wars Celebration V, and the other with photos from a weekend visit with out-of-state family members.

 

 

So there you have my favorite digital templates for scrapbooking large numbers of travel photos. I'll be back later tonight to share the pages of a brand new photo book!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan