bella blvd layout | inspired by strawberry shortcake

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

DSC_8338.jpg

You might have spotted this layout on the Bella Blvd blog today- with that electric lime green background it's kind of hard to miss!

DSC_9435.jpg

It's definitely one of the brightest pages I've done in a while, inspired by both photos of my niece (who still hasn't quite learned to pronounce the word "raspberry" :) ) on Father's Day and this fun Strawberry Shortcake dessert table from Amy Atlas' blog (you may recall it being featured in Friday Favorites a few weeks back). I couldn't get that gorgeous combination of pink and green out of my head, so I put it to use on a scrapbook page!

DSC_8340.jpg

I mixed up several collection by Bella Blvd on this page including the CHA Winter releases of Baby Girl and Sunshine + Happiness, the Fall 2011 mid-release, Spring Fling & Easter Things, and one much older line, Happy Sunny Skies (home of that gorgeous green background paper). With all the new Bella collections hitting stores any day now, I thought it was a great time to show how both the older and current lines all work together because of their common color palettes.

DSC_8339.jpg

My favorite part of this layout (well, besides the photos of my adorbz nieceling and my Dad), has to be these layered embellishments that I made with Bella's crochet flowers. I recently ordered a set of notched circle dies (I've linked them up below) from Papertrey Ink, and they're quickly becoming my new favorite tool- so many possibilities here for making your own embellishments or adding a little "oomph" to premade pieces.

DSC_8313.jpg

There are three dies in the set, and I started with the largest for these layered pieces, cutting a base from pink felt (Raspberry Fizz, to be exact, also from Papertrey).

DSC_8314.jpg

 I used the middle die to cut a green piece of paper next, then topped the stack with one of the crochet flowers from the Dahlia color pack instead of using the smallest die in the set.

DSC_8316.jpg

And if that's not enough layers, the whole thing was finished off with a doily background and a tiny Bella flag nested between the felt and paper. So fun, and a type of embellishment I'll definitely make again.

DSC_8319.jpg

My desk was such a mess when I finished this page that I had to take a photo of it to share here. I usually clean up between each project, so all of this stuff? Was pulled out just for this page...and this is the pile after I pulled my die cut machine off of it so I could find a few more paper pieces!

DSC_8320.jpg

There was a bit more carnage over on the right side of the desk, too. And, yes, I have totally lost my iMac keyboard in piles of paper and embellishments before!

DSC_8321.jpg

Thanks for stopping by- hope you have a bright and happy day!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan