friday favorites | august 31, 2012

Friday, August 31, 2012

Happy Friday, peeps! Picasa, Blogger, and I had a difference of opinion concerning uploading images this evening (Friday Favorites and Geek Girl are the only posts I still use Picasa for- go figure), so I'm posting this quite a bit later than I'd intended! I've got some great crafty picks for your long (if you're in the US) weekend, though, so lets go ahead and get this party started!


From the top left:

  • I've been smitten lately with Deb Duty's amazing scrapbooking style. She recently posted a set of layouts that I adore, all created from Studio Calico's Elmwood Park kit, as part of a layout a day challenge to herself. You also can check out all of her layout posts here in the scrapooking section of her blog. And she's inspired me to try a layout a day challenge of my own- maybe in October when it starts to get cold and I need to hibernate in a crafty coma. :)
  • I was quite excited to learn that My Mind's Eye recently added Monkia Wright to their design team. I've followed her blog for several years and love her mini albums especially, which is what MME brought her on board to do! You can check out her first post for them and the great album she made here.
  • Maile Belles explores watercolor techniques with spray inks and mists and makes several lovely cards in the process!
  • Speaking of cards, Maggie Holmes shares a peek into her creative process for making them on Studio Calico's blog.
  • Valerie Mangan made this cute little mini album out of a pack of dividers for the Martha Stewart Binder system at Staples. Love!
  • It's just a mini kind of day, isn't it? Learn how to make this itty-bitty album at I Lowe Scrap
  • Stephanie Baxter wrote a great post on what she's learned about her personal scrapbooking style- awesome layouts, and quite thought provoking!
  • Just for fun, how about some DIY glittered vases at The Sweetest Occasion?
  • Lisa Andrews posted this fun mini album in a jar- love the mashup of decorating and memory keeping!
TTFN!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan