project life 2012 | week 30 with dcwv's sweet blossom stack

Monday, August 13, 2012

project life 2012 week 30.jpg

I'm back this morning with another project featuring DCWV's Sweet Blossom stack, and this time it's a Project Life spread! After I finished last week's layout with this collection, I forged on and made a Project Life Week, too, while the supplies were still all out on my desk. Some scrappers make cards with the leftovers, I make Project Life pages. :)

DSC_9480.jpg

Erin commented on a recent post on the Die Cuts With a View blog that you could use the Sweet Blossom Stack to scrap about pretty much anything and it would be beautiful. I think she's right- it was certainly perfect for even this set of random photos!

DSC_9481.jpg

I used most of the same embellishments for this week as I did on my traditional layout- I was determined to use up that pack of Basic Grey Bloomers (and I did!!) just so I wouldn't have to package it back up and put it away again. I also wanted to play up the small hints of aqua in Sweet Blossom's patterns, so I added some ancient Thickers from my stash (it was a little hard finding a package with three 2s in it!), the aqua washi, and also some smaller aqua letter stickers. Throw in a few more mistable butterflies and some pearls, and this week was finished quite quickly!

And, I can't believe it, but somewhere in the last week or so I've actually gotten caught up on Project Life, to the point where I'm going back and scrapping some of the missing weeks from 2011! I don't know how long that's going to last, but it feels good to be there now. 


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan