project life 2012 | week 24

Monday, August 6, 2012

project life 2012 - week 24.jpg

My order from Two Peas in a Bucket that included lots of the new The Sweetest Thing collection by My Mind's Eye arrived at my house the day before I left for a week-long work trip out of town. I had already packed a bunch of scrapbooking supplies to take with me, so as I was loading up the car to head out I stuck that lovely box in the front passenger seat (along with my Project Life) and took it along with me. Because there was no way I was leaving for a week without having a chance to at least look through all that goodness!

DSC_9449.jpg

I'd also brought my Project Life album along for the adventure, and I managed to get four weeks' worth of spreads finished in the evenings after work- while watching the Olympics, of course! I used the Tangerine color collection from The Sweetest Thing for my Week 24 layout (though the washi tapes are mixes of several different colorways). I plan on eventually making a spread with the other three palettes in the collection, as well. I have to say, I'm in love with all of this line- especially those gorgeous tapes!

DSC_9451.jpg

I think I've finally hit a groove with this project and found my Project Life "style" - lots of 4x6 photos (I love the color they add to the pages) and liberal use of bits of the Project Life grid journaling cards layered over patterned paper seem to suit me well. Once I settle out which pockets those things are going to fit in, I go back and add little bits of embellishment in the form of buttons, brads, chipboard, and tape to finish things off. My goal is to not spend more than an hour on the layout itself (though if I'm doing it as a design team assignment, I do spend more time on it) so it doesn't interfere with my other scrapping. So far, so good!

P.S. Pretty Little Studio is hosting a giveaway for some of the new pretties from their upcoming Christmas at Home collection. It ends tomorrow, so hop on over to the blog if you want to enter + see a sneak peek of the new line!

 


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan