lawn fawn layout | geek-o-ween

Friday, August 10, 2012

DSC_8478.jpg

Today kind of got away from me, but I wanted to post a new layout I have up over at the Lawn Fawn blog before the evening was over. The design team just got our shipments of the new stamps and papers earlier this week, and this is the first layout that I've made with the new goodies.

DSC_9467.jpg

Can I vote right now to change the official color scheme of Halloween from orange/black/purple to this brown/aqua/gold combination? I'm kind of digging it, especially with how well it works with photos of the white pumpkins we bought to carve last year.

DSC_8479.jpg

Speaking of pumpkins, I stamped these cuties using a combination of two different Lawn Fawn stamp sets- the soon-to-be-shipped So Thankful and the previously released Harvest Season. I'm still learning about my new Distress Markers, but I found it rather easy to color these with a couple of different shades of orange and then spritz with water for a cool watercolor effect (I did use watercolor paper). I'm really looking forward to playing with these more in the future.

DSC_8480.jpg

Special thanks to SRM Stickers for providing a huge assortment of their clear stickers for the Lawn Fawn team to work with for this special event. I'll admit that product swaps are not my strong suit (I'm always afraid I won't do the product justice), but I'm appreciative of manufacturers like SRM who send designers fun products like this to work with. :)


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan