project life | week 29 with lawn fawn's dewey decimal collection

Monday, August 20, 2012

project life 2012 week 29.jpg

It's Monday which means a) I'm back at work (thankfully at my regular office and not on travel this week) and b) it's time for another Project Life page! To be honest, I have something like 6 weeks of Project Life all ready and finished that I could share, but I don't want to be "all Project Life, all the time" around here- I'd get bored with it, and I'm pretty sure that you guys would, too! So I'm pacing myself and sticking with one Project Life spread a week, though if I end up with several 2012 layouts left at the end of the year I may do a series of posts during the week between Christmas and New Year's (I don't even want to think about Christmas right now, though- yikes!!) just to finish 2012 off before starting 2013's album. Because, oh, yes, I am most definitely doing Project Life in 2013!

DSC_9476.jpg

This spread was actually up on Lawn Fawn's blog yesterday as part of their Inspiration Week festivities (be sure to hop over there to check out the other awesome design team projects and enter yourself to win some great prize packs) and features not only the new Dewey Decimal paper collection but also two of the new stamp sets- Happy Everything and A Birdie Told Me.

DSC_9485.jpg

Those speech bubbles from A Birdie Told Me are one of my favorite new stamps this release. Not only do they work with the sentiments from Happy Everything, but they pair perfectly with the sentiments from lots of other Lawn Fawn sets, too! And, if you don't want to use the speech bubbles with sentiments, they also make great embellishment and background stamps. I filled a large acrylic block with a bunch of randomly placed speech bubbles and stamped them in light grey ink on the Project Life grid cards to create a unique background for my journaling spots (you can click on any of the photos above to see a larger image, which should show more detail on the journaling cards).

I've linked up all the of currently available sets that I used on this page, and the new sets and papers are actually shipping this week and should be showing up at retailers very, very soon!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan